Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day in Adelanto













It never snows in Adelanto but today it did. It dumped and is still dumping 15 Inches of snow. I do not own a snow shovel nor snow boots so traveling is really a challenge. In one picture you can see that my van is stuck! Yep Stuck! Can't dig it out because I have no shovel. OH Well! The girls had school today and yes I sent them to school. What a stupid idea. They ended up sending them home at 12:30. Tomorrow they get the day off. HURRAY FOR ME!!!!!
I feel like I am in SLC again. UGH! Except it is worse because I am not prepared for this kind of weather. Snow is kind of cool to look at but I don't like the way it makes us all cold and wet. Jasmine was screaming that her fingers were going to fall off her hand. She is so dramatic. Anyway the snow is better to look at than the dry ugly dessert that we look at everyday. Enjoy the pics because it will all be gone in two days.
I do hope we have a white Christmas next week that would be fun and exciting don't you think?



3 comments:

Stacie Lang said...

I know what you mean. I love the peacefulness that I feel when it snows. But I have never lived anywhere where the snow plows didnt come and clear the roads or where I didnt have the tools to dig myself out or keep my legs dry. The kids had a blast anyway....at least until they got too cold. hope things melt quickly so you can get your van back.

The Horvath Crew said...

My kids have loved it soooo much. We are not snow ready either. I just put them in tonz of layers. We do need to enjoy it though.

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

I feel that exact same way. Too cold, and wet!! But prettier than the ugly dirt!! All the cars over here were getting stuck too, I didn't even try to leave my driveway, I knew I would have gotten stuck!!!